CEREC – Same Day Crown Service
We are your local dental office for single-visit tooth restorations. Why go to the dentist a second time if you don’t have to? Dr. Howe has over 10 years of experience with CEREC dental restorations.
What is CEREC?
CEREC Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Crowns is a method of CAD/CAM digital dentistry. In other words, CEREC is a technology for restoring damaged teeth, and this restoration can be completed in a single visit to the doctor’s office. It makes your teeth stronger and more beautiful, all while keeping your teeth looking natural. The restoration is metal-free, and the high-grade ceramic material is compatible with the natural tissue found in your mouth.
The Cerec process.
During your appointment, you and Dr. Howe will discuss the details of the procedure and Dr. Howe will answer any questions you may have. Dr. Howe will then use a special 3D imaging camera to take video of your tooth. Using CEREC’s proprietary software, your restoration will be designed according to your tooth’s appropriate form and function. Then, CEREC will use diamond burs to create your restoration out of a piece of ceramic. You can watch CEREC as your restoration is milling. Finally, the ceramic restoration is bonded to your tooth using state-of-the-art adhesive dentistry.
Why choose CEREC?
There are many advantages of using CEREC over traditional crown technology.
1) Time: CEREC crowns are made in one visit, saving you considerable time away from your job and family.
2) Comfort: With CEREC, there is no need for a temporary crown, eliminating significant potential discomfort.
3) Aesthetics: The strong, tooth-colored ceramic materials of CEREC restore your teeth to their natural strength, beauty, and function, and closely match the composition of your natural tooth structure.
4) Strength: Milled ceramic is stronger than the traditional method of layering and pressing, so your smile will stay beautiful for years!
5) Fillings: CEREC material and technology can also be used for fillings. Since these fillings are made out of porcelain, they are more durable than white composite fillings.
Our office is excited to offer this technology to you, the patient. We are sure you will be excited with the quality of the restoration.